Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday, last day at CCNW

Today I'm getting my last treatment and Cancer Care Northwest in Spokane.  They are closed for the next two days so I will get my last 2 infusions at Sacred Heart Medical Center.  Its sort of bitter sweet because the staff at CCNW is really great and are very friendly.  Not that I will miss sitting in their "Chemotherapy Suite."  Cancer sure does hit anyone and everyone.  I look around and the room and see healthy and strong looking people, young and old.  I've also heard some interesting stories and met some interesting people.  I wish them all well but hope I never have to see any of them again. 

At the moment I'm on 4 different types of anti-nausea medications and while they stop the physical vomitting, they do nothing to make me feel less like I want to vomit.  Really loving this feeling.  Unfortunately my parents are on their way to visit and help out over Christmas but I really don't think I'll be leaving the bed too much over the next 5-6 days.  Hopefully they understand and can enjoy the time with Brynnley and Noelle, I know they will. 

It's so nice to know that I'll have a few weeks recovery while my body cycle the remaining drugs out of my system and then I can get back to normal.  I can't wait to start playing basketball again.  I haven't touched a bball since July.  Then, before we know it we'll get to try our hand on the boat with 2 little ones!  I'm super excited, I think Brynnley will be getting a new wetsuit for her birthday so she can do some more surfing with me.  I don't remember if we ever posted these pictures on Noelle's blog but by the time the water/air was warm enough last year in late July/early August this was the only good opportunity we had to try and she loved it.  I'm definately looking forward to a lot more this next year. 

Lots to be thankful for and lots to look forward to at this point.  I feel a little bad because Noelle's pregnancy has been pushed to the side because of my little mess.  We haven't taken nearly enough pictures of her big beautiful belly to track the growth of this baby girl like we were able to with Brynnley.  But make no mistake I am so excited for this little girl to get here.  The end of a sad, messy time in our life starts over with something as beautiful as a new baby girl.  How cool is that!  She should get here right around the 21st of January if everything goes according to plan.  Just a few more days of hell and we can move forward.  I can't wait!

5 comments:

Denice said...

I am so thrilled to hear that you are getting the LAST cycle!! Yay! Please give Noelle and Brynnley big hugs for me and I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas!

Dolores said...

Merry Christmas to you Adam, Noelle and Brynnley. Hopefully we can talk to you on Christmas day, but if not we understand..Hang in there it's almost to end (treatments that is)You will feel better soon..We love you Gpa and Gma Dodo
GO BRONCOS

Unknown said...

Great pics man. It will be a great summer with the two kiddos. Merry Christmas!!!

the Forrest Diaries said...

You guys never stop amazing me. I am so happy you are finished at this point and congrats on having the youngest little wakeboarder! Warmest wishes adn I hope you had a great Christmas!

Gayle Lambert said...

We are grateful you have such a good outlook after such a difficult ordeal. We are grateful for you and your family and look forward to your new little one! See you in a few weeks. Here comes grandma!