Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday 12/2

When I woke up this morning I knew today was going to be one crappy day.  I've been sleeping well but the nausea is starting to catch up to me.  During my chemo session they dose me up with Adovan which allows me to sleep for 2 hours or so and then its time to go home.  I try to stay awake but end up napping in the afternoon as well.  By Thursday, today, its 7pm and I'm ready for bed.  A little more Adovan to help with nausea and let me relax and I'm outty.  Thankfully this week has been better than the previous 2 cycles so it has been tolerable. 

Plus, Christmas came early for me this year!  I've spent almost 2 years planning out and building my home theater room in our basement.  I finished the basement with a bedroom, bathroom and storage room and a perfect spot for an awesome home theater.  This also means that I've had my eye on a specific set of speakers, a subwoofer, a new A/V receiver, projector, blu-ray player, PS3, blah blah blah.... All the man toys that I can handle.  As you can imagine, finishing the basement was no small feat (and it's still not completely finished) and was no small cost.  Then, for me to add all my "man toys" is just begging for a fight with my wifey.  She knows how hard I've worked and how much I wanted this stuff so when Black Friday/Cyber Monday rolled around, she consented to let me get a few things.  Last night I was greeted by the lovely FedEx man AND who some might call Brown Santa (Mr. UPS).  So between last night and this afternoon, I've been trying to stay distracted by setting up my speakers and new A/V receiver.  Man toys are so much fun!!!!  Even if only temporarily, it gives me something to do and keeps my mind occupied.  Yes, its a little frivolous and I know I could do without, but whats the point if you can't live a little.  I'll state it here and now, I'm a dork and I like electronics, yes I'm a geek.  LOL!  My wife and mother-in-law probably think I'm nuts but I think the speakers sound phenomenal and I couldn't be happier so far.  Awe the little joys in life.  Anyways, I can feel the Adovan creeping in so I'm going up to bed.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is past and Christmas is only 3 weeks away.  I could have sworn it was just September.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just checking in dude. Hope everything is going well. I check your blog often so hopefully you have been busy, feeling good with no time to write. How is the new sound system treating you?

Gayle Lambert said...

Just thinking about you and next week...let's get that finished with! Hope all goes well and it goes smoothly. Love you and hope you get to celebrate Christmas tomorrow.