Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Up and down

Day 12 is done, only 8 more days!  I slept pretty good last night until about 430am when all the water and saline in body decided I need to get up.  Unfortunately I couldn't go back to sleep.  I took some pills and forced myself to eat a good breakfast hoping that it wouldn't come back to haunt me later.  By the time I got my chemo session at 9am I was exhausted and feeling a little nauseous so I asked them to give me some IV Adovan.  This is lovely little drug that "relaxes" you and helps with nausea.  I was out for the next 2.5 hours.  After lunch I tried to keep busy to keep my mind off of feeling sick but by 4pm I was exhausted and fell asleep on the couch.  Noelle told me that Brynnley was talking to me trying to wake me up for a few minutes and I wasn't responding so Brynnley was getting scared.  I woke up to her crying because she didn't know what was going on, super sad...  I tried to calm her down and then went upstairs to finish my nap.  I slept until 715pm!  I never take naps, so this day has been quite a wierd day.  I can't say its been a bad day, I've slept through almost all of it.  The extra rest and fluid definatly helps as well.  I just finished a nice small plate of Thanksgiving leftovers that was even better than the real meal, good stuff! Who knows what tomorrow will be like but I'll enjoy a decent day while I can.  The up and down of everyday is really mentally taxing, I have no idea what to expect each day and just pray it is tolerable.  I've officially mounted my picture collage so I'm able to look at each time I come into my office at home.  That thing is awesome!  At 1st I just cried like a little girl because I couldn't believe all the people in the pictures... co-workers, doctors/nurses/techs that I work with, old roomates and college professors, family members I see far too little of, old friends, new friends, basketball teams and people I hardly know. Now I'm able to look at it and it makes smile knowing how many people are thinking of us and are praying for us.  Ask me in 3-4 days and I might have something different to say, but I can say it now.  Thanks again for all your support!

No comments: