Monday, November 8, 2010

Cycle 2, Day 1

This will be relatively short but I wanted to give a quick update.  I had the neupogen induced bone pain under control with Tylenol so it wasn't a big deal by the weekend, thankfully.  And according to the doctor "I responded beautifully to the shots"  My ANC was up to 1400 which still isn't "normal" but it is very good.  Much better than having it be <500. It was good enough to start treatment today.  Everything went smoothly, I didn't have a reaction to the Etoposide.  I started taking extra anti-nausea medication and extra steroids in the evening as well.  I'll continue that regimen through the weekend so that I hopefully will be able to keep food and water down and I won't end up in the hospital again.  I'm happy that things are going well but these drugs really mess with your mind.  I hate, hate, hate the way they make me feel.  It's kind of hard to describe, slightly nauseous, slight body aches, no energy, food just doesn't taste good, I'm scared to drink very much because of the nausea, blah, blah, blah.  It's really strange, for the most part I feel fine but I can tell something is very off.  I really don't have much to complain about compared to last time so I'm happy. 

We watched the show Community tonight, one of our favorites.  It was amazing to me how much better felt laughing at that stupid show.  For anyone who has watched it, this episode had one scene when Senor Chang was laughing so hard that he "snoughed" milk out of his nose.  He coughed and sneezed at the same time, classic.  I was just rolling watching that part and, thanks to the great DVR, we watched it a few times.  Well, off to bed I go, 14 days of chemo and about 52 more days until this is over!

1 comment:

Denice said...

I am so happy to hear that you have responded so well to the new meds and that Tylenol is helping with the side effects. I wish I was there to be able to do more. I am praying for you..thinking of you..one day at a time. :)