Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 2: A much better day

I apologize for not blogging on my 1st official day of chemo and I've got to give thanks once again for a wonderful wife.  She is doing everything she can to make sure I'm comfortable and taking care of myself.  Thankfully she stepped up and filled in for me during a crappy day. 

Today was much better.  It still took nearly 6 hours but they didn't have to infuse Benedryl so felt 100% better.  It was a long boring day but now I can say I only have 18 more treatment days left!  After treatment I met up with my "work family" and did our Christmas pictures.  I've only worked with them for 4 months but they've made me feel very at home.  They wouldn't do pictures without me and didn't want me looking scary and sickly so they planned to squeeze it in today.  It was fun to see everyone and nice to be outside for sure.

I've been feeling more and more nauseous in the evenings but have been diligent about taking my medications. It's pretty funny, I have a special relationship with one particular trash can in our house.  It kind of grosses me out that we even still own the thing.  But it was my best worst friend during my 1st round of chemo and the night I ended up in the ER from undercooked chicken and the night of the worst 12 hour flu bug anyone should ever experience.  Needless to say, this trash can has seen its fair share of bleach.  Like I said, it needed to be thrown out years ago.  But there it sits on my night stand, standing gaurd just in case.  It's worrying me a little bit that I'm already feeling so nauseous because I was hoping to keep my buddy away until at least Saturday or Sunday.  Who knows, gotta drink lots of water, eat right and take my meds and hopefully I'll be fine. 

It's pretty hard to describe the feeling of such powerful toxins in your body.  You know you shouldn't be taking them, you don't want anything to do with them, but you're life could depend on them.  Definatly a love/hate relationship.  Only 18 more days, gotta keep truckin'!

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Grandpa and I are so happpy you had a better day #2. We were really worried about you and Thank goodness for special medications. I can relate your burning sensation and yours was a thousand times worse than mine has ever been. Pretty scary - We love you and hope things go better from now on...Luv Gma Dodo

Unknown said...

Great news that day 2 was better! Hopefully, 3 and 4 will be equally good. You are a tough dude... a little toxic chemicals aren't going to bother you for long. The worst part of this treatment is no Wing-Stop dude. That had no shaking in my shoes.